Friday 3 August 2012

Week Word: Water

Peggy chose this week's word, water, so visit her blog to see who else is playing, and what they've come up with.


This was quite serendipitous for me as I'd been wanting to create a drawing of Putsborough beach in Devon, where Nick's family have been every year since the dawn of time (and probably will continue going until its end).


It turns out, though, that drawing the sea was more of a challenge than I'd anticipated. Resulting in the following rather down-hearted scribble in my sketchbook...




I think I got there in the end, though, once I realised a dry watercolour brush gives a stipply effect like the foam on the water.



1 comment:

  1. Nothing down-hearted about it! I like that scribble very much! And the water color below with its little houses too.

    ReplyDelete