Monday 2 July 2012

Exciting Post

Getting post is nice. I'm always excited when an envelope arrives that has handwriting on rather than the address in a plastic window, so I try to remember to send cards to my friendsandrelations in the hope that they also can get excited.

I don't like sending rubbish cards though, which can often mean lengthy visits to the larger branches of Paperchase trying to find something both suitable and entertaining. So I've recently started drawing my own. You can buy a pack of eight blank cards for the price of one proper one, so it's the economical choice, and at least this way I won't have chosen the same design as someone else!

This was for Nick's birthday. It's the recipe for his favourite pudding... Making it into a card we could stick on the fridge afterwards and therefore have no excuse not to make seemed like a gift that keeps on giving!



A card for some lovely friends who recently got engaged in Morocco...



And one for a new baby.




3 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I always tell myself I'm going to do that, but so far it hasn't happened..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think I can thank the miserable weather for my motivation - not much of a choice between going out to the shops in the rain or staying in and drawing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a woman after my own heart, I started off last year by illustrating my own cards before sending them. It's great fun, but my addiction to buying pretty cards was being stymied (and I kept running out of time to draw cards - I write a *lot* of letters!) so I didn't manage to keep it up for more than a few months.

    Have you seen those packs of watercolour postcards? Very handy, printed on the back like a proper postcard, but it's real watercolour paper. I did send quite a few of those back in Feb when I made my first trip to Sheringham. A nice way to send a holiday greeting, and they are pretty reasonably priced (about £5 for a pack of 12 cards).

    ReplyDelete