Friday 23 March 2012

Week Word: Panoply

I think that all the cake, tea and engagement ring excitement might have got the better of me on Monday, as 'panoply' does seem like quite an odd word to have chosen...


I'm afraid I've just stuck with the same thing that originally inspired me... June Hymn by the Decemberists.


Here's a hymn to welcome in the day
Heralding a summer's early sway
And all the bulbs are coming in
To begin
The thrushes bleating battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again

[...]

And once upon it
The yellow bonnets
Garland all the lawn
And you were waking
Day was breaking
A panoply of song
And summer comes to Springville Hill


And it does feel like summer has come to London today... actual sunshine!


Pop and visit these people to see what they've done with panoply this week.


Emily at Ready for An Adventure
Emma at The Giftshed
Sally at Sow and Sew

If anyone else has weekworded and I've missed you off, let me know! Oh, and I'm going to tag Emily for next week.





1 comment:

  1. It was an odd word, but I think that's a good thing (even though I made a face when I saw your choice!). Picking easy words is, well, a bit easy isn't it - sometimes a challenge is nice and forces us to think and step out of our comfort zone :)

    ReplyDelete