Monday 20 February 2012

Someday Sketchblog #2

Last year I sent my grandmother some macaroons for her birthday. In her thank you letter she mentioned some famous character from the past who always referred to having 'cawfee and a macaroon'. Despite some intense googling, I have no idea what she was talking about. (If anyone out there knows, please enlighten me!) 


Unfortunately, Nick finds the phrase intensely amusing and now can rarely offer me a coffee without a macaroon. And as I very much like macaroons but they're not really something we keep in the house I always think it's just a bit mean of him.


Anyway... I work very close to the Temple of Macaroons, Laduree, and it became this week's sketching subject.




That smudge at the top is chocolate. I suffer for my art...




No comments:

Post a Comment