Tuesday 4 October 2011

In these stones...

Another weekend away, and another one in Wales. Cardiff this time though, which was a bit of a nostalgia trip for me as it's where I went to uni. It's changed a wee bit since then...


We stayed in a hotel with lots of windows. I have low hotel-expectations, but this one (the Mercure Holland House) I would actually recommend. Primarily for the windows.






We wandered around the arcades...





We took advantage of the freakishly lovely weather down by the Bay...






And found really lovely places to eat and drink that certainly weren't there in my day... 


Milgi, on City Road
A coconut martini and me


We even managed to find the most perfect bar in the middle of central Cardiff on Saturday night. Now, bear in mind that Queen Street after about 9pm at the weekend looks a wee bit like a scene from the Land of the Dead, and you'll realise what an achievement this was. It was all bunting, battered sofas and cocktails. Nick thought I'd perhaps conjured it into existence with the mere force of my will.... It was called the Bunk House (because it's also a youth hostel), but don't look at the website because I think they've made it a lot prettier since they took the pictures on there.


I've also updated my last post with the promised final picture. Have a look?

No comments:

Post a Comment